Our comprehensive certification program empowers those who complete it to deliver professionally-founded artistic instruction from the innovative cutting edge of aerial art, backed by world renown Grounded Aerial®.
Certification and licensing includes:
- Harness safety instruction
- Bungee safety and rigging instruction
- Working relationship with our bungee manufacturer who can customize to your studio’s dimensions and needs
- History lesson of aerial dance
- Class themes, choreography and repertoire
- Over 40 phrases (terms) and ways to move
- Front-point and back-point work establishing full frontal and dorsal work out
- Holistic training approach incorporating Mind, Body, and Spirit into the educational process
- Lessons on how to apply aerial concepts to life and art
- Insights into the “business of aerial work”
- Information on posture benefits
- Adaptive exercise modifications
- Corrective techniques using hands-on adjustments
- Class structure and formatting
- Lessons plans for beginning, intermediate, and advanced aerialists
- Pedagogy of creative and fitness development that has been honed over the last 20 years
- Promotional support through Grounded Aerial®
- Continued support and assistance
Upon the conclusion of this program, participants have passed both written and movement exams, as well as an instructional test. Licensed trainers also agree: to provide video samples of their classes, to collaborate in the analysis of class videos, and to adhere to the standards of safety, professionalism and excellence established by Grounded Aerial® Bungee Training
16-Hour Certification Program Cost:
$850.00 per person training fee ($100 Early bird discount may apply to registrations purchased 5 weeks prior to certification date. Discount applied to licensing fee. First 4 months free.)
As a requirement for certification, trainers will sign a limited licensing agreement for $25 per month. (Billed monthly or annually). Use of the Grounded Aerial® name, logo and marketing materials is included in this agreement. This small fee also allows us to offer continued support with GA®BT LIVE. Grounded Aerial® LIVE is an efficient and affective way to stay connected to trainers across the world. Accessing Grounded Aerial® cutting edge choreography motivates and rejuvenates clients’ interest and the movements are fun and challenging for all levels. The licensing fee can be waived for performers and clients who agree not to teach bungee classes. (Requires additional contract addendum)
New phrases performed by professional aerialists (broken down in clear beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels) can be accessed via a password. Message board comments can also be posted to answer questions or begin discussions with our international community. This is truly a global connection and support group of like-minded folk that learn from each other. We connect aerial movers, studio owners, and fitness gurus around the world.
Here is the breakdown of what you receive:
The benefits of Grounded Aerial® Bungee Training LIVE
1. Continued updated information and insights
2. Cataloged video of individual terms/skills available 24/7
3. Monthly “Watch a full class” developed by Owner and Artistic Director Karen A. Fuhrman. There is notated and broken-down information as the class is being taught. This allows understanding new moves, comprehending the lesson plan, seeing trouble-shooting in effect, and also observing Karen in action and the application of mind/body/spirit- while keeping it fun and cardio filled!
4. Blog providing international support, business networking, problem-solving, troubleshooting, creative ideas and community.
5. Videos from GA®BT instructors from around the world are selected monthly and are highlighted on our website. Promoting your gym at a global level.
GA®BT includes access to our acclaimed and elite aerial community. This is a great way to stay connected to Grounded Aerial® trainers across the world. At just $25 per month this is one of the lowest cost fitness licensing programs in the world.
- Detailed rigging, installation and bungee sales/information are available. Our provider is Paul from Adrenalin Dreams. Guidance will be provided on what to specifically purchase.
- DEPENDING ON HARNESS the entire bungee rig can cost as little as ~$360.00 per person
- For more information to enroll please call 917-447-6285, skype karenfuhrman, or email email@example.com
Note- Grounded Aerial® Bungee Trainers are of excellent caliber, and we intend to maintain our spotless safety record and artistic excellence. Depending on the exam results, Grounded Aerial® will either mail the certificate immediately, or potentially require a 6 week addendum for students that have not completed the requirements of the exams on a satisfactory level. If needed, we ask for the students to study the exam and send in changes from their original test, and to send video of their movement progress on their bungee system illustrating competence and growth in understanding the terms/repertoire.
Please know that we are here to help, and anyone (with diligence and perseverance) can eventually become certified and licensed.
Bungee Height Example
Bungee classes are possible with as little as 9 ft. of ceiling height. Level adjustments may be necessary and are achieved by varying the clip-in height. Use the “floating lotus” method to establish proper clip-in height.
Bungee dance, in the United States, and the world for that matter, is quite new and uncharted territory. So, we here at Grounded Aerial® take our pioneering and innovative system very seriously, as we realize that we are setting the bar for all to follow.I have been teaching and performing aerial bungee for the last 18 years, I have been a professional dancer in NYC for 20 years, have my Masters Degree in Dance Education from NYU, and own an aerial dance company which performs in different venues around the world.
I have developed and honed the GA®BT system slowly, mindfully, and with fine-tuned mastery. It is my passion.
It is an honor and joy to bring aerial bungee movement to the masses, and I would love to talk to you more on the phone to answer any questions. Our legitimacy is of great importance, and we certainly have the history, creative and pragmatic focus, spotless safety record, and testimonies to illustrate just that!
I wanted to let you know I taught my first five (yes five!) bungee classes this weekend. They went really well — all five were sold out! And, I said “surrender” and “#justlikelife” in every class!Thank you again so much for the great training.Elin Waterston
South Salem NY
Karen’s passion for bungee training is infectious
! Just did the Harleysvil le training and it was such a cool and fun experience ! The training is so informativ e and she really devotes herself to helping you learn every aspect of the course! Jason, Phoenix and Rabbit were awesome too! Cannot wait to do this on a regular basis!Courtney Frey
Grounded aerial is absolutely
one of the best places to meet great people, get a great workout, and learn something about yourself that you never thought you could do before. As an aspiring professional dancer and performer and teacher, I admire Karen for what she does and how she has such a passion for aerial bungee and passing that knowledge and love on to others.Gabrielle FitzPatrickDelanco, NJ
I’ve just completed the course in Wales and it was amazing! Karen and Jason are so welcoming I felt at ease immediatel
y. Thank you so much guys.
Super crazy amazing! Energy was off the chart and I love the idea of every aspect of this new fitness genre!!! CANT WAIT TO TEACH IT!!Lori Aragona
Port Saint Lucie, FL
I just completed the Grounded Aerial Bungee Training Certificat
ion which was held in Los Angeles. Such a great experience ! Karen and Jason are awesome teachers.. extremely knowledgea ble with the ability to convey that knowledge. The class was well structured and super informativ e. I felt support from both of them on all levels which created an atmosphere of trust, relaxation and acceptance . And oh so much fun!Susan Wileman