Bungee dance, in the United States, and the world for that matter, is quite new and uncharted territory. So, we here at Grounded Aerial® take our pioneering and innovative system very seriously, as we realize that we are setting the bar for all to follow.I have been teaching and performing aerial bungee for the last 18 years, I have been a professional dancer in NYC for 20 years, have my Masters Degree in Dance Education from NYU, and own an aerial dance company which performs in different venues around the world.
I have developed and honed the GABT® system slowly, mindfully, and with fine-tuned mastery. It is my passion.
It is an honor and joy to bring aerial bungee movement to the masses, and I would love to talk to you more on the phone to answer any questions. Our legitimacy is of great importance, and we certainly have the history, creative and pragmatic focus, spotless safety record, and testimonies to illustrate just that!
Our comprehensive certification program empowers those who complete it to deliver professionally-founded artistic instruction from the innovative cutting edge of Aerial Art, backed by world renown Grounded Aerial®.
Certification training includes:
- Harness safety instruction
- Bungee safety and rigging instruction
- Working relationship with our bungee manufacturer who can customize to your studio’s dimensions and needs
- History lesson of aerial dance
- Class themes, choreography and repertoire
- Over 40 phrases (terms) and ways to move
- Front-point and back-point work establishing full frontal and dorsal work out
- Holistic training approach incorporating Mind, Body, and Spirit into the educational process
- Lessons on how to apply aerial concepts to life and art
- Insights into the “business of aerial work”
- Information on posture benefits
- Adaptive exercise modifications
- Corrective techniques using hands-on adjustments
- Class structure and formatting
- Lessons plans for beginning, intermediate, and advanced aerialists
- Pedagogy of creative and fitness development that has been honed over the last 20 years
- Promotional support through Grounded Aerial®
- Continued support and assistance
Upon the conclusion of this program, participants have passed both written and oral exams, as well as written a post-certification reflective essay. Certificate holders also agree: to provide video samples of their classes, to collaborate in the analysis of class videos, and to adhere to the standards of safety, professionalism and excellence established by Grounded Aerial Bungee Training®
16-Hour Certification Program Cost:
$850.00 per person training fee We offer $100 EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT for enrollments purchased prior to 2 weeks before certification date) Register two weeks or more before the certification date, pay just $750.
- Detailed rigging, installation and bungee sales/information are available. Our provider is Paul from Adrenalin Dreams. Guidance will be provided on what to specifically purchase.
- Additional choreographic assistance, structure, guidance and consultation can be provided on a monthly basis for a small fee, inquire for more details
- Typically the entire rig per person (including harness) amounts to ~$500.00 per rig
- For more information to enroll please call 917-447-6285, skype karenfuhrman, or email email@example.com
Note- Grounded Aerial® Bungee Trainers are of excellent caliber, and we need to maintain our spotless safety record and artistic excellence. Depending on the exam results, Grounded Aerial® will either mail the certificate immediately, or potentially require a 6 week addendum for students that have not completed the requirements of the exams on a satisfactory level. If needed, we ask for the students to study the exam and send in changes from their original test, and to send video of their movement progress on their bungee system illustrating competence and growth in understanding the terms/repertoire.
Please know that we are hear to help, and anyone (with diligence and perseverance) can receive a certification!
Bungee Height Example
Bungee classes are possible with as little as 9 ft. of ceiling height. Level adjustments may be necessary and are achieved by varying the clip-in height. Use the “floating lotus” method to establish proper clip-in height.